Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Marinated, broiled strips of turkey on a bed of spinach. Quick and easy. Low fat and a great source of Protein, Thiamin (B1), and Manganese.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless turkey breast, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 1⁄4 lbs frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (to garnish) or 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Preheat broiler.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 4 ingredients, 1 teaspoon oil and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add turkey to marinade, turn to coat, and marinate for 40 minutes.
- In a heavy skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Cook spinach and remaining garlic, covered, until spinach is warmed throughout (about 2 minutes).
- Season with pepper.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- On a broiler pan, arrange turkey in a single layer.
- Broil without turning until turkey is done (3-5 minutes).
- Serve turkey strips over spinach.
- Sprinkle with cilantro to garnish.
Made this tonight and it was very, very tasty. It seems to me that if you are not eating "healthy", I can imagine that wrapped in a tortilla with fresh tomatoes would work well.
This recipe was made in my quest for meals high in iron. It was simple to make and very tasty. I increased the garlic to 5 cloves and used fresh spinach. It was also good the next day warmed up!