Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was looking for something different to do with tuna and I came across this in one of my pillsbury cookbooks. These are easy to prepare and taste so good.
- 1 (6 1/8 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded cucumbers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 English muffins, split toasted
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices American cheese or 4 slices cheddar cheese
- In medium bowl combine tuna, onion, mayo, cuke and dill; mix well.
- Spread each muffin half with 1/4 mixture; top with tomato slice Place in broiler pan or ungreased cookie sheet.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tomato is hot; top each with cheese slice; broil for an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I have made these for years and they are always one of my favorite sandwiches! Instead of cucumber I use chopped celery. Love these! Thanks for sharing. :}
Tried this one for Pick a Chef. Unfortunately it did not really meet with family approval. The comment was 'It's okay, but don't make it too often. Sorry about that Pat.
Quite easy to make, and pretty quick. I'm not a fan of mayonnaise so I used BBQ sauce instead. I also didn't have any vegies or spices except for lettuce. I used gratted cheese instead of slices. Very good quick lunch.