Recipe by Cookin-jo
A few simple ingredients are all you need to add to your garden tomatoes.
Top Review by Derf
ohhh yum! So delicious! We loved these, what a great way to serve fresh tomatoes. I had to use sliced black olives because that was what i had in, they worked beautifully! Served them as a side with salad and a steak and kidney pie. I will be making these again and often during tomato season, thanks for posting!
- 2 medium tomatoes, vine-ripened
- 3 kalamata olives, pitted and minced (or other large brined olives of your choice)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler and set oven rack about 4 inches from heat source.
- Combine olives, garlic and olive oil.
- Slice tomatoes about a half inch thick and arrange on a lightly oiled baking sheet, in one layer.
- Brush tomatoes with the olive and garlic mixture.
- Broil, watching carefully, until just bubbling or to your liking.