Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy side dish that complements roast beef or baked chicken.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut tomatoes in half, crosswise.
- Combine crumbs, horseradish, lemon juice, salt and paprika.
- Spread mixture over tomatoes halves. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and the cheese.
- Place in a broiler pan; broil 3 inches from heat 3 to 5 minutes until heated through. Serve immediately.
Very good and very easy. I will be using this a lot when our tomatoes come on later in the summer, but this made the store bought tomatoes taste good. A great side, and it works well on the grill, too. Reviewed for ZWT3
Yummy! I used 3 medium tomatoes, homemade horseradish and subbed fresh chives for the parsley. The flavors melded very well and the topping cooked just right. The tomatoes however weren't cooked quite enough for me but perfect for my husband. For some reason I kept on thinking it would be great in a hamburger bun...perhaps a gourmet BLT? Thanks for this easy gourmet recipe! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
This was good and I liked the horseradish with tomato. I think I would have enjoyed it just a bit more if there was half the amount of horseradish so I could taste more of the other ingredients. This is a nice appetizer with a nice bite. Thanks!