Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I can't wait for my home grown babies to turn ripe!!
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground and to taste
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, minced
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice tomatoes in half and arrange tomatoes cut side up on a cookie sheet or broiler pan.
- Combine olive oil and garlic and drizzle over tomatoes.
- Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with minced black olives and Romano cheese.
- Place the tomatoes under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to brown.
- Remove from broiler and garnish with minced parsley.
Very good! Try with kosher salt.