Recipe by CraftScout
I am placing this in the "kid-friendly" category, because if my veggie picky daughter will swallow it, normal kids will prolly love it! I found a similar recipe online, and of course, adjusted it . . . It's also super easy and can be prepped up to a couple of hours ahead of time and slid into the oven about 5 minutes before the rest of dinner is ready.
Top Review by luvcook'n
We really enjoyed these tomatoes! They were a great side with our dinner. Fast and easy. I did leave out the salt because of restrictions...as the cheese is salty enough for me. Thank you CraftScout for a side that will be a wonderful addition to our summer dinners.
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice tomatoes into fairly thick slices (1/2 an inch thick or so) and place in a 9"x13" baking dish, in a single layer.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the ingredients, making sure each slice has some on.
- Place under the broiler. Cook until the tops are bubbly and brown, about 5 minutes.