Recipe by DrGaellon
Tomato slices are drizzled with olive oil, then sprinkled and broiled with parmesan cheese, oregano, basil and garlic. You can also add a little mozzarella, if you like.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Quick, easy & tasty recipe. My oven automatically sets broil temp @ 450F... I found they may have been abit overcooked so next time I will reduce broil heat to 350F & make sure I don't cook longer than 3 mins. Also, I used parchment paper instead of aluminum foil so I didn't have to use the extra oil called for. I enjoyed the recipe, thanks for sharing.
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (not shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Cover a broiler pan or baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange tomato slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle each slice lightly with olive oil, spreading oil evenly with finger if necessary. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and basil. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Broil, 3 inches from the heat, until cheese is browned and bubbly, 3 minutes.