Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
Simple but delicious side dish. Can substitute herbs and cheese of your choice. We also make with basil and parmesan.
- 2 large firm ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat broiler.
- Lightly oil baking sheet.
- Place tomato slices on this.
- Drizzle slices with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Top with oregano and feta.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until feta is browned and tomatoes slightly softened.
Wonderful, quick and easy recipe. DS and I enjoyed these on toast for brunch today, and we thoroughly enjoyed them. I only had a little feta left so I mixed in some cream cheese and parmesan with the feta. I also only had basil on hand so I used this instead of oregano. I think these tomatoes were wonderful. A great recipe I will be making again. Thanks Vicki.
The simple things are always the best, I went to use my feta but it had gone bad so I used vintage cheddar on these. A lovely simple side to our BBQ dinner. The oregano was nice but I may try basil next time. Thanks Vicki!
Very good! I sprayed the tomatoes with olive oil generously, and as you suggested, added fresh basil and some parmesan. I used mozzarella (had no feta), and these were delish! Such a quick and easy veggie side dish! Even picky boyfriend/veggie hater will eat these.