Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had these once when I was in the hospital and been making my version of them ever since. Best part is they are not fattening.
- Turn on your broiler. A toaster oven with broiling ability is great or a George Foreman Grill.
- Remove the cores of the tomatoes then cut them in half (horizontally).
- Place cut side up: then rub Olive oil over cut side (use fingertip).
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on next.
- Sprinkle Herb seasonings on and salt/pepper.
- Then place 1/4 teaspoon of unsalted butter on each half.
- Broil until tomato is hot completely.
- ^May add cheese or mushrooms when nearly done, but don't get them to close to burners in oven.
These are delicious! They had a sale on beefsteak tomatoes, so I bought a bunch. This recipe was great to use them up, and they turned out really good. Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top makes them just perfect. Thanks for the recipe.
I actually have been making these for what seems like forever. Going through my recipes (i'm trying to post them all on here) i found this one, but it's already posted. the only thing i do different is i add a little parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs. thanks for posting!
These are great!!! I made them last night for dinner, and as I really dislike beefsteak tomatoes I used Roma as that's what I had lying around the house. I also am out of Italian seasoning so I just used Rosemary and that was just fine. I have butter at home, but omitted it from the recipie as I wanted to keep these fairly low in fat, not to mention I dislike rich food. These were so tasty. I cooked them for 15 minutes and served them with cous cous! I am looking forward to eating the rest of them for lunch today.