Recipe by MISSIB
I had these once when I was in the hospital and been making my version of them ever since. Best part is they are not fattening.
Top Review by jnpj
These are delicious! They had a sale on beefsteak tomatoes, so I bought a bunch. This recipe was great to use them up, and they turned out really good. Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top makes them just perfect. Thanks for the recipe.
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes (or any large)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs or 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup mixed Italian herbs (such as basil, oregano, thyme, parsley)
- 8 1⁄4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on your broiler. A toaster oven with broiling ability is great or a George Foreman Grill.
- Remove the cores of the tomatoes then cut them in half (horizontally).
- Place cut side up: then rub Olive oil over cut side (use fingertip).
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on next.
- Sprinkle Herb seasonings on and salt/pepper.
- Then place 1/4 teaspoon of unsalted butter on each half.
- Broil until tomato is hot completely.
- ^May add cheese or mushrooms when nearly done, but don't get them to close to burners in oven.