Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A "do as you like" recipe that goes well with grilled meats in the summertime
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced as you prefer
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 small sweet green pepper, diced
- 4 ounces gouda cheese, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Place tomato slices on baking pan lined with non-stick foil.
- Place some diced onions and peppers on top of each tomato slice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pan under broiler and broil as long as you prefer so that onions and peppers are slightly soft.
- Remove from oven and add a slice of Gouda cheese to each tomato slice.
- Return to broiler until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Can serve hot or slightly warm.
I made this tonight and actually liked them better than the pasta dish that I made for them to accompany. Didn't have any green bell peppers but that didn't matter they were excellent. I'll deffinitly make these again. Thanks for posting!