Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe my mom used to make..
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 diced hard-boiled eggs
- slice tomatoes horizontally, about 1/2 inch thick.
- place tomato slices on a foil covered broiler pan.
- combine remaining ingredients.
- top tomato slices with onion/egg mixture.
- broil until bubbly and just begining to brown.
I prepared this recipe tonight and we LOVE it!!! This recipe has so many possibilities! I prepared it as above, adding salt and pepper to taste. Next time, I am adding bacon bits and perhaps, cheese. Very simple to prepare! I served with fried chicken and fresh corn on the cob.
Very good; something a little different for breakfast. I did sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top and served these over toasted English muffins.
We liked this a lot & it was so easy to fix. I wanted something sml (but tasty) for a side dish. It definitely added visual impact & extra flavors to an otherwise ordinary meal of tuna patties & potatoes. Thx for posting this. :-)