Recipe by Bergy
I am not a vegetarian but I quite enjoy this recipe as a meat substitute, especially when I use Tempeh
- 1⁄3 lb extra firm tofu or 1⁄2 package tempeh, pre steamed for 15 minutes
- 2 large mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a pyrex pie plate with oil.
- Put 1/4 of the soy in it.
- Cut the tofu or tempeh into small bite size pieces and put in the pie plate.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, garlic& ginger.
- Sprinkle remaining 3 tbsp of soy on top.
- Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Broil 6" from heat source for approximately 10 minutes or until the soy is bubbling and the tofu/tempeh is browned.