1/8 Photos of Broiled Tilapia With Thai Coconut- Curry Sauce
This dish is loaded with flavor and makes a lovely, colorful presentation. You'll want to serve with plenty of rice to absorb the wonderful sauce. (Noted added 11/05/07: I like to credit original recipe sources when known, but wasn't sure about this one when I submitted the recipe. Fortunately, a reviewer pointed out that the recipe came from Cooking Light, so I searched their site--indeed, it was originally published in their September 2002 issue. Thanks to the reviewer for bringing this to my attention, and thanks to Cooking Light for developing the recipe! :) )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk (I used regular)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 3 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 1 lime (cut in 4 wedges)
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 4Add peppers and onions; cook 1 minute.
- 5Stir in curry powder, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute.
- 6Add soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and coconut milk; bring to a simmer (but do not boil).
- 7Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- 8Brush fish with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray (I just use parchment paper).
- 9Broil 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 10Serve fish with sauce, rice, and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Tilapia With Thai Coconut- Curry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 565.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 38.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
light coconut milk