Recipe by KitchenMistress
So fast, so moist, so flavorful! Prepares in 12 minutes!!! Tilapia is an inexpensive fish and this recipe is fabulous!
Top Review by CHEF GRPA
I made this once as written. I Did like it at 3 Stars. And it is a great base recipe and easy to modify depending on your tastes. I will do over to see, I did do over but I add some dill, why ??. as dill is really good paired with just about any fish. Not better, not worse, just different! You could modify this recipe to any style. So I did. it's a matter of what your taste is. Rip off 4 pieces of parchment to form packets each about 12-inches long. Fold up the foil into an air-tight packet.
Place a piece of parchment in a shallow dish then in the center of the paper stack
add the ingredients. Fold over the top of the parchment then roll the sides in to form a sealed pouch. Repeat with remaining parchment and ingredients. Arrange the pouches on a baking sheet and roast in hot oven. Place the foil packets in the oven and bake. I like to play with my food so I did here.. But I think this dish has a lot of potential, and I'm sure I'll make it again. I also add garlic and black pepper that went into it; it was very flavorful this time around for me. I've added this to my recipe book with my additions. Over all the things you can do here with your recipe, Is up to you. I love it. 5 STARS
- FOR - PAC FALL 2012 - Adoption Center Chefgrpa#695933
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (deli fresh, not dried)
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (softened, but not melted)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT fish. Mix thoroughly. Set aside for flavors to meld.
- Line cookie pan with foil and lightly spray the foil with olive oil spray or Pam.
- Arrange fish in single layer.
- Broil 2 minutes.
- Flip fish and broil 2-3 minutes.
- Top each piece of fish with mixture (it will begin to melt).
- Broil 2 -3 more minutes until cheese is brown and fish is flaky.
- Serve immediately.