Recipe by DangerBun
These delicious "sandwiches" undergo a marvelous transformation under the broiler! I promise you that there will be no heavy "mayonnaisey" taste. For a quick and simple hors d'oeuvre, simply remove the bread crusts and slice each piece into quarters. These go quickly at parties!
Top Review by echo echo
I liked this a lot. The first ones I made, I didn't read carefully and used the slices of onion without chopping them. The next ones I made I did do the chopping; I think I actually preferred the whole slice to the chopped, but bother were fine. The sourdough bread is just the right flavor complement. I tried the parsley but didn't find it added much interest. I think next time I might try thyme.
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, sliced very thinly then chopped
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- chopped parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each bread slice with 1 t mayonnaise, more or less to taste.
- Sprinkle liberally with 1/4 of the chopped onion.
- Place in toaster or oven and toast or broil until mayonnaise is bubbly and bread is crisp on edges.
- Garnish with chopped parsley on top if so desired.