Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 10 big white onions
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cognac
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- Skin onions; put in pan& cover with water.
- Cook at a slow boil until just tender.
- Scoop out center leaving enough shell to hold the stuffing.
- Melt butter and rub the inside& outside with onions.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook spinach and drain; add the rest of the ingredients, EXCEPT cheese, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stuff the onions with the spinach sauce.
- PLace in a buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in 350 degrres for 45 minutes.
Delish and very elegant. Great for a fancy dinner party.