Recipe by MarieRynr
Just a little variation of a wonderful theme...
Top Review by Oolala
I made this tonight and everyone liked it. Some had it as a topping with ice cream but it was fine on its own. It was great. Not too sweet, I must say, it didn't brown and I kept it in the broiler longer than a minute or two but maybe it was too far from the heating element. Didn't matter! Thanks!
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon kirsch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Divide berries between 6 individual baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1/2 tsp kirsch. Place dishes on a cookie sheet.
- Whip cream until it forms soft mounds. Beat in egg yolks and 1/4 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar, depending on sweetness of berries. Add vanilla and continue beating for 1 minute. Pour over berries, proportionately.
- Bake in oven 3 minutes. Run under a broiler for a brief minut to brown the cream, keeping a close watch. Serve immediately.