Recipe by kitchengrrl
This recipe would also work for many other types of fish, like catfish or salmon, but Steelhead is what I had on hand. So yummy!
Top Review by johnt0148
Great recipe! I would bake for 10 minutes and then broil for 5 as this gives the spices a lower temp to be absorbed by the fish. If you broil first, the spice cooks off.
otherwise it it soooooooo good.
- 1 lb steelhead fillet, with or without skin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- additional oil, for greasing baking pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a baking or roasting pan by lining it with foil and brushing it with olive oil.
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients except fish into a well-blended paste.
- Place fish skin-side down (if it has skin) on baking sheet, then spread seasoning over flesh.
- Broil fish at second rack away from heat for 5 minutes or less, just enough to sear flesh but not burn herbs.
- Lower fish to 3rd or 4th rack and lower oven heat to 325°F Bake for 10 additional minutes, or until fish is cooked through in the thickest portion.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, salad, orzo salad, whatever.