Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe would also work for many other types of fish, like catfish or salmon, but Steelhead is what I had on hand. So yummy!
- 1 lb steelhead fillet, with or without skin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- additional oil, for greasing baking pan
- Prepare a baking or roasting pan by lining it with foil and brushing it with olive oil.
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients except fish into a well-blended paste.
- Place fish skin-side down (if it has skin) on baking sheet, then spread seasoning over flesh.
- Broil fish at second rack away from heat for 5 minutes or less, just enough to sear flesh but not burn herbs.
- Lower fish to 3rd or 4th rack and lower oven heat to 325°F Bake for 10 additional minutes, or until fish is cooked through in the thickest portion.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, salad, orzo salad, whatever.
Great recipe! I would bake for 10 minutes and then broil for 5 as this gives the spices a lower temp to be absorbed by the fish. If you broil first, the spice cooks off.
otherwise it it soooooooo good.
I made this fish dish for dinner and it was delicious! I had leftovers because my husband won't eat fish so I made a little lemon, rosemary, garlic & parmesan vinegrette. I flaked the fish and tossed it with angel hair pasta, sundried tomatoes and green olives stuffed with feta cheese. Delicious fish for both nights! This recipe is definitely a keeper. :)
I made this with trout last night, it's delicious! The only change I made to the recipe was the cooking. I put it in the oven to bake first for 10 minutes then put about 6" lower than the broiler and broiled it for about 5 minutes - watching it very carefully so i didn't burn the herb topping. Outstanding fish - my husband and I oooo'd and ahhhhhh'd - a keeper!!!