1/1 Photo of Broiled Steak with Shallot Butter
The original British recipe from a 'Housekeeper's Guide' of 1845 recommends 'catsup' instead of Worcestershire sauce. It is still possible to buy mushroom ketchup which is rather similar to Worcestershire sauce and this can be delicious with the shallot butter on any grilled steak.
My Private Note
yummy s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the steaks on both sides with oil.
- 2Heat the broiler until it is glowing.
- 3Broil the steaks until just cooked to the point that you prefer, turning 2-3 times.
- 4Melt the butter in a small frying pan, add the vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, the shallots, salt and pepper.
- 5Heat through, without cooking the shallots, mix in the parsley and keep on one side.
- 6Put the steaks onto a heated dish and pour some of the shallot butter over each, when it will mingle with the juices.
- 7Serve at once with your favourite side dishes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Steak with Shallot Butter
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.8
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 169.2 mg
- Sodium 239.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 52.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar