Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Easy and good!
- 1 (7 ounce) can Spam, classic finely cubed
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- toast, triangles or miniature party rye rounds or cracker
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except toast. Spread mixture on toast triangles. Place on baking sheet. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I didn't have much in the house to prepare dinner tonite but had a can of spam so I decided to try making these. They were easy to make and turned out well. The only thing I added was some chopped onion. My fiance really enjoyed them. I asked him how many stars - which I often do - and he said 4 stars. That's a very high rating coming from him. Thanks for the easy recipe that was a change of pace.
These tasty little treasures are simple, warm, and toasty. The ease of preparation goes without saying, the presentation very enticing, and the mix of crunchy toast points with the melted cheese, and spread of other ingredients begs you to eat one after the other. Perfect, just perfect. I served this appetizer to adults and they were gone! Thanks southern chef in louisiana!
I'm giving these only one star & that's for ease of preparation. I guess they would be OK for a child's sleep over party or something like that (they'll eat anything) but for adults they don't make a nice presentation & they are very salty.(the nature of spam)