Recipe by Mercy
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds awfully good and it seems like a lot less work than frying.
Top Review by susie cooks
Very good! I love soft shell crabs and always have them in the freezer. I followed the other reviewers advice about the Old Bay seasoning. I added a tablespoon to the flour. They turned out great! Thanks!
- 12 soft shelled crabs, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning (or Cajun seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the milk with the Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Soak the crabs in the seasoned milk for 15 minutes then drain.
- Sprinkle each crab all over with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Brush the bottom side of each crab with melted butter.
- Broil, top side down, for 8 minutes.
- Flip them over, brush the top side with butter and broil for about 7 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.