Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste Of Home's Holiday Recipe Card Collection.
- 3 lbs sirloin or 3 lbs round steaks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- With a meat fork, pierce holes in both sides of steak.
- Place in a shallow glass container or large resealable bag.
- Combin onion, lemonjuice, oil, garlic salt, thyme, oregano, celery salt and pepper; pour over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Discard mrinade.
- Place steak on a broiler pa.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 8 minutes.
- Brush with butter and turn.
- Broil 6 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (For rare, a meat thermometer should read 140°; medium 160°; well done 170°).