These are delicious and the sauce also works great with Asian prepared tofu, vegetable stir-frys, and rice.
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
For the marinade or sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (or crushed)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 -2 tablespoon your favorite hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- Combine all the ingredients for sauce together in a bowl and whisk until the honey dissolves.
- Stir in the shrimp and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a broiler to high.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, reserving the marinade in a saucepan.
- Stir in 1 tbsp cornstarch and boil the marinade until thick and syrupy.
- Baste the shrimp with the sauce and save any extra sauce for serving time.
- Place the shrimp under the broiler for about 3-4 minutes per side.
Delicious! I really enjoyed this recipe. It was very good, and my family really liked it as well. I did make some changes, just out of convenience. Instead of broiling the shrimp, I made a stir-fry. I tossed them in with some store-bought frozen stir-fry veggies. I served the whole dish over fried rice. I also added some ginger. It was perfect! Thanks for sharing.
Very good very quick thanks for sharing!