Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, shell on
- Do not shell the shrimp, but to Cut shrimp in half lengthwise through the shell, leaving them attached at the tail.
- In a non-reactive suacepan, combine the butter, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- cook on low just until butter is melted Stir in shrimp to coat and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and arrange them in a shallow, oval casserole dish or I use the bottom of a broiler pan.
- they should have the tails sticking up.
- they will be floppy but will firm as they cook.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp.
- Put your pan under a hot broiler and cook until the shrimp are done (not very long).
- Arrange cooked shrimp in bowls and pour sauce over from your pan.
- Sprinkle with additional parsley.
Mean Chef, this was excellent!I followed the recipe exactly and the results were fabulous. Extremely simple yet had an elegant presentation. This will be my only scampy recipe for now on. Thank you so much for posting!
This was an excellent Scampi! I did add just a drop more lemon, but I like a little shrimp with my lemon ;] Thanks for sharing another outstanding recipe!
Great recipe! We loved it! My only suggestion is that the sauce was not nearly enough for the shrimp. IMHO, the recipe's quantities are perfect for 1/2 lb shrimp if you want to "sit them" to marinade, at least if you use small ones.