1/2 Photos of Broiled Sesame Salmon
Christina P.'s Note:
My mom clipped this recipe out of the Chronicle years ago and it's been a family favorite ever since! It's SO easy and quick to make and is SO delicious that even people who think they don't like salmon will LOVE it. Just remember not to over-cook the salmon. It should be dark pink and slightly translucent in the center. I've found if I take it out of the oven when it still looks only half done, it's perfect by the time I serve it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make marinade, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, syrup, lemon juice, and ginger; whisk to blend.
- 2Place salmon pieces in a nonreactive (not aluminum) container.
- 3Pour marinade over them and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4Preheat broiler. Spray a nonstick broiler pan with olive oil.
- 5Place salmon, skin side up, on pan and transfer marinade to a small saucepan.
- 6Broil salmon 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, bring marinade to a boil; simmer 2 minutes.
- 7Turn salmon, baste with marinade, sprinkle with sesame seeds and broil another 4 minutes or until just cooked through.
- 8Fish and marinade can be served hot, at room temperature or chilled. Spoon a tablespoon of boiled marinade over each piece; garnish with green onion.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Sesame Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 861.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 31.0 g