Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Can substitute another mild white fish, like grouper or tilapia. Also suitable to grill; adjust cook time. Can't find pineapple preserve? Many good scratch recipes on food.com. From Cooking Light.
- 3 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) sea bass or 4 (6 ounce) other firm white fish fillets, cut about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 5 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the fillets with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes. Remove from oven; brush fillet evenly with with glaze. Return to oven; broil for an additional 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.