Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is basically the way my DH has made, and enjoys scallops! He likes Bay scallops but I like the larger sea scallops. Either will work. There is a 1 hour marination. Serve with a crusty bread and green veggie.
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- In a medium bowl, mix vermouth, oil, garlic, salt and parsley. Add the scallops and stir. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler.
- Toss melted butter with bread crumbs.
- Spoon marinade and scallops into a baking dish or 4 individual ramekins. Place 2" from heat and broil 3 minutes. Turn scallops and sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika and broil for another 3 minutes.