Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Since my husband's heart attack, I'm on an endless quest for heart-healthier food. Here is a version of scallops that he can indulge in!
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb bay scallops or 1 lb sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat the broiler. Position the rack to 4 inches from the heat. Line a cookie sheet with foil, and spray it with cooking spray. Rinse the scallops and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice and oil.
- Add the scallops and toss gently to coat.
- Arrange the scallops in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Broil until opaque, about 5 minutes. Turn the scallops over and broil for another minute.
- Divide the scallops onto plates, and spoon leftover juices from the cookie sheet over them. Sprinkle with grated lime peel, and serve with a lime wedge.