- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 beef boneless New York strip steaks (about 1.5 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salsa, beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the chili powder.
- Cover and refrigerate while preparing beef steaks.
- Set oven control of broil.
- Sprinkle both sides of beef with remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder and the oregano; gently press into beef.
- Place beef on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 4-6 inches from heat 6 minutes; turn.
- Broil 2-5 minutes longer for medium doneness.
- Serve with salsa.