Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is from Betty Crocker's Good and Easy Cookbook.
Make and share this Broiled Santa Fe Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 beef boneless New York strip steaks (about 1.5 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Mix salsa, beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the chili powder.
- Cover and refrigerate while preparing beef steaks.
- Set oven control of broil.
- Sprinkle both sides of beef with remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder and the oregano; gently press into beef.
- Place beef on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 4-6 inches from heat 6 minutes; turn.
- Broil 2-5 minutes longer for medium doneness.
- Serve with salsa.