This recipe came from a Weight Watchers cookbook, but you'd never guess it's "good for you". My husband swore that he'd never eat salmon, but I made this & now he asks for it once a week!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth or 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons country-style dijon mustard (regular Dijon can be substituted)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste, approx 1/8 tsp each)
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine all ingredients, except salmon fillets, in a small bowl, stir with whisk (or fork).
- Spoon a couple of teaspoons of sauce over salmon filets and let them sit for 10-15 minutes (you can marinate longer if you like, just make sure not to use too much of your sauce).
- Place salmon fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Brush with 1/2 of remaining honey mixture.
- Broil 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting frequently with remaining honey mixture.