- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk, skim
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 4 salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, in small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add flour, mixing well with a whisk. Return to medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add evaporated milk, a little at a time, continuing to whisk sauce as it thickens.
- Add sherry and allow sauce to simmer. Stir in 1/4 cup lowfat milk or more, if needed, to thin sauce to a creamy consistency (should lightly coat a spoon).
- Add lemon juice and blend well; set aside.
- Place fish in a small broiling pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. Season lightly with pepper.
- Dot each piece with butter and broil for 4-5 minutes per side. Salmon is cooked when fish is no longer translucent. Do not overcook.
- Serve immediately with reserved sauce.