1/4 Photos of Broiled Salmon With Garlic Sauce
Ripped out of one of my old cookbooks. It had recipes for everyday of the year but I don't remember the name of it. Stove top sauce and broiled fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and add flour, mixing well with a whisk. Return to medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Add evaporated milk, a little at a time, continuing to whisk sauce as it thickens.
- 5Add sherry and allow sauce to simmer. Stir in 1/4 cup lowfat milk or more, if needed, to thin sauce to a creamy consistency (should lightly coat a spoon).
- 6Add lemon juice and blend well; set aside.
- 7Place fish in a small broiling pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. Season lightly with pepper.
- 8Dot each piece with butter and broil for 4-5 minutes per side. Salmon is cooked when fish is no longer translucent. Do not overcook.
- 9Serve immediately with reserved sauce.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Salmon With Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.6
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 182.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 24.2 g