Ripped out of one of my old cookbooks. It had recipes for everyday of the year but I don't remember the name of it. Stove top sauce and broiled fish.
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add flour, mixing well with a whisk. Return to medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add evaporated milk, a little at a time, continuing to whisk sauce as it thickens.
- Add sherry and allow sauce to simmer. Stir in 1/4 cup lowfat milk or more, if needed, to thin sauce to a creamy consistency (should lightly coat a spoon).
- Add lemon juice and blend well; set aside.
- Place fish in a small broiling pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. Season lightly with pepper.
- Dot each piece with butter and broil for 4-5 minutes per side. Salmon is cooked when fish is no longer translucent. Do not overcook.
- Serve immediately with reserved sauce.
I made this for dinner tonight, it was just okay for us. Thanks
Just made this for dinner tonight. It is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I will add a little more garlic though next time.
Made this recipe last night and it was good. The salmon I liked the ease of preparation. My husband liked the sauce but I thought it was a bit toned down. I will use this recipe again but will try to add more flavor. All in all, this is very good!