This is really delicious! I love the combination of the fresh cilantro, lime, and garlic. And to top it off, this recipe is lowfat!
- Place fish on plate.
- Combine cilantro, garlic, lime juice, oil and salt in a bowl.
- Set 2 tablespoons aside in a separate bowl.
- Pour the cilantro mixture over the fish (do not use the 2 Tbsp reserved marinade).
- Cover and let it sit 10 minutes.
- Spray broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place salmon on rack and brush with 1 tablespoon marinade.
- Broil 6" from heat about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn steaks over and brush with remaining tablespoon of marinade.
- Broil 3 more minutes or until cooked through.
- Note: I have used two very thick salmon steaks instead of the four 3/4 inch thick ones that the recipe calls for, and I have used the same amount of marinade.
- However, since thicker steaks will take longer to cook, the marinade can burn.
- To compensate for this, I add a little bit of marinade at a time.
- For example, if the salmon steaks are 1- 1 1/2 inch thick or more, they can take around 10 minutes to cook.
- So I brush the salmon steaks with less marinade, around 1/2 tablespoon.
- I then remove them from the broiler after 2 1/2- 3 minutes, and add a little more marinade, reserving enough for two more applications.
- Then I broil for another 2 1/2 minutes.
- I then turn the salmon over and add more marinade, still reserving a little.
- I broil another 2 1/2 minutes.
- I then add the remaining marinade and broil the remaining 2 1/2 minutes or until cooked through.
- This may seem tiresome, but it's well worth it.
- The marinade is great and you definitely don't want it to burn!
This is delicious and simple and fast. You wouldn't want to let the salmon and lime rest for more than the 10 minutes, because the acid would start eating into the fish. I used a salmon fillet instead of steaks, so I only basted the marinade on the top part. I reserved a little to use as part of a garnish. This was great with an avocado salad , some butter sauteed potatoes and a hot baguette.
The flavor is so good and the lime and cilantro is the perfect combination of flavors. The directions were GREAT, as the marinade does seem to burn if you put it all on at once when broiling. We make this in the oven and can't wait to try it out on the grill once summer hits! Thank you for a keeper recipe!
this was light and flavorful. loved it!