1/1 Photo of Broiled Salmon With Cilantro and Lime
This is really delicious! I love the combination of the fresh cilantro, lime, and garlic. And to top it off, this recipe is lowfat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place fish on plate.
- 2Combine cilantro, garlic, lime juice, oil and salt in a bowl.
- 3Set 2 tablespoons aside in a separate bowl.
- 4Pour the cilantro mixture over the fish (do not use the 2 Tbsp reserved marinade).
- 5Cover and let it sit 10 minutes.
- 6Spray broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- 7Place salmon on rack and brush with 1 tablespoon marinade.
- 8Broil 6" from heat about 3-4 minutes.
- 9Turn steaks over and brush with remaining tablespoon of marinade.
- 10Broil 3 more minutes or until cooked through.
- 11Note: I have used two very thick salmon steaks instead of the four 3/4 inch thick ones that the recipe calls for, and I have used the same amount of marinade.
- 12However, since thicker steaks will take longer to cook, the marinade can burn.
- 13To compensate for this, I add a little bit of marinade at a time.
- 14For example, if the salmon steaks are 1- 1 1/2 inch thick or more, they can take around 10 minutes to cook.
- 15So I brush the salmon steaks with less marinade, around 1/2 tablespoon.
- 16I then remove them from the broiler after 2 1/2- 3 minutes, and add a little more marinade, reserving enough for two more applications.
- 17Then I broil for another 2 1/2 minutes.
- 18I then turn the salmon over and add more marinade, still reserving a little.
- 19I broil another 2 1/2 minutes.
- 20I then add the remaining marinade and broil the remaining 2 1/2 minutes or until cooked through.
- 21This may seem tiresome, but it's well worth it.
- 22The marinade is great and you definitely don't want it to burn!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Salmon With Cilantro and Lime
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.5
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 350.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 20.5 g