Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Bacon and salmon are a really nice combo! I used a somewhat thick 'gourmet' bacon from my butcher. The bacon helps keep the salmon moist and adds a nice crispiness to the overall dish.
- 1 lb salmon fillet (4)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices good-quality bacon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat broiler.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper; place skin side down in a broiler pan or cookie sheet. Cover with bacon strips.
- Brush salmon and bacon with 1 T. of the balsamic vinegar.
- Broil until cooked through and bacon is crisp, about 8 minutes, basting with remaining 1 T. vinegar halfway through cooking.
Easy & tastes great. Warning: bacon grease could cause small grease fire. better cooked in glass baking dish vs. foil on a cookie sheet.