Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a magazine(Fast & Healthy).The type of salmon steaks you need for this recipe are the kind that resemble a horseshoe shape. You can stretch this to four very small servings, or make larger portions to feed just 2.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained well
- 1⁄4 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 salmon steaks, 1 1/4 inch thick (about 1 pound total)
- Mix together all relish ingredients, cover, and chill.
- Next, combine the lemon juice,salt,& chili powder for the fish.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick spray (or grease with some oil).
- Cut each steak into two strips, cutting around the bone and removing as much of the bone as possible.
- PLace fish onto greased broiler pan and brush with the lemon chili sauce.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heat source for approximately 4 minutes,flip over and cook another 4 minutes or until fish begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Spoon relish over cooked fish and serve.