Recipe by Sharon123
This makes a romantic evening( or lunch) for two. Lovely! Prep time includes marinating time. From Joyce Maurer in Christmas, Fla.
Top Review by lbapples82
This was a wonderful and surprisingly hearty meal...my husband (a total carnivore) was raving about it. I didn't have any dried tarragon for the dressing, so substituted a pinch or dried fennel instead. When plated, this looks so elegant. Will definitely be making again!
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 carrot, scraped
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups torn bibb lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- lemon twist
- fresh parsley sprig
Lemon and Herb Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salmon steaks in a shallow 1-quart dish; pour 1/4 cup dressing over steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, turning once.
- Cut zucchini and next 3 ingredients into thin strips; combine with cilantro and 1/4 cup dressing, tossing gently.
- Set aside.
- Remove steaks from marinade; place on lightly greased rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 5 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Cool slightly.
- Arrange salad greens and marinated vegetables on serving plates.
- Top with salmon steaks, tomato wedges, and avocado slices.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve with remaining dressing.
- Yield: 2 servings Lemon and Herb Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Yield: 1 1/3 cups.