Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Fitness Magazine, June 2007
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the broiler and set oven rack 4 inches from the heat.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Broil until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine the hummus with 5 tablespoons water in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Simmer 1 to 2 minutes, then season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the sauce over the salmon fillets and serve.
Simple and tasty. Garnish with parsley. I love the nuttiness of the hummus with the taste of salmon. This is also a good sauce for plainly barbequed salmon