Recipe by Julie3551
This amount of rub is sufficient for two large salmon filets, 20-30 servings. If you are less ambitious use a smaller piece of fish and store rub in a jar in the freezer.
- 2 salmon fillets, large
- salt and pepper, use course ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 star anise pods
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Plaace salmon skin side down on a greased cookie sheet. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Combine in spices in blender, blend until powdered.
- Add cannola oil, blend until mixed.
- Brush onto salmon and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Broil 15 minutes, test for doneness, may need a few more minutes.