Recipe by Olha
Here is a tasty comfort food. I like to fry some mushrooms with onions and serve this with mashed potatoes and peas or beans.
Top Review by Chef_Ronda
I use to make this receipe all the time from My Great Recipe collection then I lost the recipe card. I've been looking all over the internet for it and now I have it again! Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 59.16 ml grated onions
- 44.37 ml finely chopped green peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml minced parsley
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 0.59 ml marjoram
- 59.14 ml flour, to dip patties
- 44.37 ml olive oil, to brush patties
FOR THE SAUCE
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 44.37 ml butter
- 0.59 ml Tabasco sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 44.37 ml dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE PATTIES: Mix together the beef, onion, green peppers, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, and marjoram.
- Form the mixture into 6 to 8 steak shaped patties and 3/4 inch thick.
- Dip lightly in the flour and rush with the oil.
- Arrange on a broiling pan.
- Broil 3 inches from source of heat 5 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of rareness.
- While the meat is broiling, prepare the sauce.
- FOR THE SAUCE: In a saucepan, combine the ketchup, butter, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- Cook until butter melts, then stir in the sherry.
- Arrange the patties on a hot platter and pour the sauce over them.
- The Complete Round The World Meat Cookbook.