Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is a tasty comfort food. I like to fry some mushrooms with onions and serve this with mashed potatoes and peas or beans.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 tablespoons grated onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 cup flour, to dip patties
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, to brush patties
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- FOR THE PATTIES: Mix together the beef, onion, green peppers, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, and marjoram.
- Form the mixture into 6 to 8 steak shaped patties and 3/4 inch thick.
- Dip lightly in the flour and rush with the oil.
- Arrange on a broiling pan.
- Broil 3 inches from source of heat 5 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of rareness.
- While the meat is broiling, prepare the sauce.
- FOR THE SAUCE: In a saucepan, combine the ketchup, butter, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- Cook until butter melts, then stir in the sherry.
- Arrange the patties on a hot platter and pour the sauce over them.
- The Complete Round The World Meat Cookbook.
I use to make this receipe all the time from My Great Recipe collection then I lost the recipe card. I've been looking all over the internet for it and now I have it again! Thank you for posting this recipe.
I was just about to post this as I've been doing these since finding the recipe in My Great Recipes packet 21. Make sure you purchase extra lean ground beef for this dish or the patties might not hold their shape. Thanks for posting, I hope others will try this!