Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here is a tasty comfort food. I like to fry some mushrooms with onions and serve this with mashed potatoes and peas or beans.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 tablespoons grated onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 cup flour, to dip patties
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, to brush patties
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- FOR THE PATTIES: Mix together the beef, onion, green peppers, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, and marjoram.
- Form the mixture into 6 to 8 steak shaped patties and 3/4 inch thick.
- Dip lightly in the flour and rush with the oil.
- Arrange on a broiling pan.
- Broil 3 inches from source of heat 5 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of rareness.
- While the meat is broiling, prepare the sauce.
- FOR THE SAUCE: In a saucepan, combine the ketchup, butter, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- Cook until butter melts, then stir in the sherry.
- Arrange the patties on a hot platter and pour the sauce over them.
- The Complete Round The World Meat Cookbook.