Here is a tasty comfort food. I like to fry some mushrooms with onions and serve this with mashed potatoes and peas or beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 tablespoons grated onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 cup flour, to dip patties
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, to brush patties
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1FOR THE PATTIES: Mix together the beef, onion, green peppers, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, and marjoram.
- 2Form the mixture into 6 to 8 steak shaped patties and 3/4 inch thick.
- 3Dip lightly in the flour and rush with the oil.
- 4Arrange on a broiling pan.
- 5Broil 3 inches from source of heat 5 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of rareness.
- 6While the meat is broiling, prepare the sauce.
- 7FOR THE SAUCE: In a saucepan, combine the ketchup, butter, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- 8Cook until butter melts, then stir in the sherry.
- 9Arrange the patties on a hot platter and pour the sauce over them.
- 10The Complete Round The World Meat Cookbook.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Salisbury Steak
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.3
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.0 mg
- Sodium 1160.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 29.3 g