Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
This sounds different at first, but it is a lovely change to just plain broiled chicken breasts.
Make and share this Broiled Sage Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Combine everything except chicken breasts in a large bowl to make marinade.
- Add the chicken and coat each breast half well with marinade.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- When ready too cook set oven control to broil, or if as we do in Australia, have a separate griller in your oven turn to medium high.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in pan.
- Broil chicken with tops 5-7 inches away from heat element 5 minutes and turn.
- Broil for about 5 more minutes or until juices run clear when pricked.
This is a nice change of pace. The marinade was spread over the chicken and allowed to sit in the fridge for several hours. As suggested, the chicken was grilled. This was served with Easy Roasted Veggies. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*
Fast and easy using some of my favourite ingredients. I think that other herbs could be used too in place of the sage for a different flavour for a change. A 'keeper'in my book :)
We really enjoyed this change of pace for our chicken, & I think what did it for me was the combo of FRESH sage, lime juice & mustard, 'cause it made for a very exceptional marinade, I thought! This is a keeper recipe, for sure! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Make My Recipe]