Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
I think this was one of my Mum's dishes, but I'm not sure. Be that as it may it's a good one. On these hot summer days my portable oven goes out to the patio table to keep the heat out of the house but this dish cooks so quickly that's not necessary. I've done it using Roughy, cod, Alaskan Cod, Snapper, and even Tilapia. You can not go wrong as near as I can tell.
- 4 -8 fish fillets (depending on the particular fish)
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly and finely grated
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter or 4 tablespoons ghee
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons scallions, white and light green,chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 dash cholula hot sauce or 1 -2 dash tapatio hot sauce
- Spray the broiler dish with Pam.
- Place fillets in the dish in a single layer.
- Brush with Lemon Juice.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine all other ingredients.
- Broil fillets 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Spread mixture over fish.
- Broil 3-4 minutes more.
- Goes well with Couscous cooked in chicken stock with dates and lemon zest.
- Don't forget some cellar temperature Chianti.
This gets 5* from me because my fish-reluctant daughter had a third helping! We all loved this, actually, and I especially loved how quick and easy it was to prepare. I used a 1 Lb. package of frozen orange roughy, which happened to be 8 fillets. I did not use clarified butter, just regular butter, and I only used about 1 T. of green onion. The flavor was fantastic and the directions are perfect....we had perfectly cooked fish in the amount of time stated. Thanks so much Pierre for a recipe that gets my daughter to eat fish :)
This was very good! As I didn't have any ghee on hand I just used melted butter--I was in a hurry. I used some orange roughy and some deep-sea dory fillets. I did everything else as listed in the recipe and we really liked the flavor of the topping especially--I didn't add any salt, as I had some pretty salty parmesan. Thanks for posting!!