Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This may be made using sliced turkey or chicken in place of roast beef, I prefer the beef better --- leftover roast beef, thinly sliced steak or deli roast beef will work for this, if you don't have a toaster oven to toast the sliced buns you can just toast them under the broiler firstly.
Top Review by Gillian Spence
My 16 year old daughter exclaimed "This is the best sandwich I've ever eaten in my life, thank you Mama" as she closed her eyes in bliss and ate another bite. Another great recipe from you Kittencal! I'm thinking of ways to make this sandwich again: -roast beef with asiago & creamy horseradish -smoked turkey & chipotle mayonnaise -thinly sliced ham & swiss Thank you!
- 2 large crusty sandwich buns (sliced in half)
- soft butter (use a much as desired)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lb thinly sliced cooked beef, divided
- deli mustard (to taste)
- thinly sliced red onion
- 2 firm plum tomatoes
- salt and black pepper
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese (can use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to broiler heat (set oven rack to second-highest position).
- Spread the softened butter on each slice of bread, then sprinkle liberally with garlic powder and a little salt.
- Place in a toaster oven until toasted.
- After the bread has been toasted spread liberally with mayonnaise.
- Divide the roast beef over each bun then spread mustard over the beef.
- Top beef with onion slices, then with tomato slices, sprinkle the tomato with salt and black pepper.
- Top each sandwich with slices of mozzeralla cheese.
- Place under the broil for about 3 minutes or until the is bubbly (watch closely these brown quickly!).