Recipe by clocktower120
Broiled Roast Beef Sandwiches
Top Review by GaylaJ
Excellent sandwich! I thinly sliced leftover roast beef (from Prize Winning Marinade for Beef) and subbed rolls I had on hand (stone-ground wheat rolls) for the hoagie rolls. I didn't really pay attention to the ingredient amounts, just piled on what I thought was appropriate for the rolls I was using. I did use a lot more mustard (country Dijon) than mayo, though. Delicious--thanks for posting!
- 2 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons coarse-ground mustard
- 1 lb sliced roast beef
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- -Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- -Cut rolls in half, and toast in a bread toaster. Place on a baking sheet. Spread each half with mayonnaise and mustard. Layer with roast beef, tomato, red onion, Provolone, salt and pepper.
- -Broil 3 to 6 inches from heat source for 2 to 4 minutes (keep a constant eye on it) until cheese is bubbly and is beginning to brown.