Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Moroccan salad that can be flavored with cumin and cayenne and thin stripes or diced half of a preserved lemon. From “North African Cooking” by Hilaire Walden.
- 3 large red peppers or 3 large green peppers
- 4 tomatoes, well-flavored
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 small bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
- Preheat broiler and place peppers and tomatoes in a broiler pan.
- Broil them, turning occasionally until evenly charred and blistered.
- Leave until cool enough to handle, the remove and discard the skins.
- Remove and discard core and seeds of peppers.
- Dice the fresh, place in a bowl, and mix together.
- Sprinkle over the garlic. seasoning and parsley, cover and chill.
- Drain off any excess liquid before serving.
- Personally, I'd rather drain the liquid into a pan and reduce to a thick sauce and pour back over the salad. Why waste all that flavor?