- 4 large potatoes
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter or 4 teaspoons margarine, softened
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 8 slices reduced-sodium bacon, crisp and crumbled
Other goodies as you see fit
- chopped red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick Potatoes with fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake potatoes in 425F oven until tender, about 1 hour.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into halves, scoop out insides, leaving a 3/8 inch shell.
- Spread inside of shells with margarine or butter, sprinkle with salt.
- Cut each potato into six pieces, sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Set oven control to broil or 550F degrees.
- Broil potato pieces about 5 inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.