Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
Chops with revved up flavor.
- 4 center-cut pork chops, each bone-in 1 inch thick (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato & chipotle pesto sauce (recipe below)
Sun-Dried Tomato and Chipotle Pesto
- 1 cup cilantro, loosely packed roughly chopped fresh
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, plus 2 tablespoons of the oil from the jar
- 2 medium canned chipotle chiles in adobo or 1 large canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from can
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- To prepare Sun Dried Tomato & Chipotle Pesto: Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and pasty.
- Position an oven rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler to high. Set the pork chops on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan. Season both sides of the pork chops with the salt and a few grinds black pepper and then cover both sides of the pork with the pesto; it should completely cover the pork. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Broil until the pesto darkens and any exposed parts of the pork chops become brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the pork becomes firm to the touch and registers 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, another 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the chops to serving plates. If any pesto remains on the pan, scrape it up and top the chops with it.