Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like this for a little change at breakfast. It is easy and tasty and well worth a try
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 -2 tablespoon white sugar or 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon sherry wine (optional) or 1 -2 tablespoon port wine (optional)
- Cut grapefruit in half through the centre widthwise.
- slice between the pith and fruit to loosen from peel.
- make slice between the segments be careful not to cut through the peel.
- sprinkle with sugar (and optional sherry).
- place in oven under broiler on high and broil until sugar is lightly carmelized 10-25 minutes.
I like the touch that the port adds to this. I couldn't get the sugar caramelized and crunchy with the broiler, but could with my torch - and the flavor was fantastic that way. I also had a bit of trouble getting the segments apart, but maybe that just comes with practice.
This is so simple and good. It was especially nice alongside buttered Apricot Scones for a light breakfast. A keeper, thank you! [Made for Think Pink 2011]
I did not use the sherry, but if I ever have some in the house for some reason I am coming back to this recipe. It was so simple and really tasty even without the wine. I great breakfast or snack. Made for Think Pink 09.