Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Burt Wolf, this sounds like a quick and delicious dessert.
Make and share this Broiled Pineapple With Rum Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- TO PREPARE PINEAPPLE:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Arrange the pineapple on a broiler tray and sprinkle the top with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the pineapple is lightly browned.
- Turn the pineapple over, sprinkle with the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture, and broil for 5 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.
- Place the broiled pineapple on dessert plates.
- TO PREPARE SAUCE:
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rum and vanilla.
- Spoon the sauce on the pineapple and serve.