Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Burt Wolf, this sounds like a quick and delicious dessert.
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 6 slice fresh pineapple, large slices (or wedges )
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml dark rum
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- TO PREPARE PINEAPPLE:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Arrange the pineapple on a broiler tray and sprinkle the top with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the pineapple is lightly browned.
- Turn the pineapple over, sprinkle with the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture, and broil for 5 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.
- Place the broiled pineapple on dessert plates.
- TO PREPARE SAUCE:
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rum and vanilla.
- Spoon the sauce on the pineapple and serve.